Maintaining a healthy diet can be challenging for anyone but when that is paired with low income and a major medical need, it can be a daunting task. Our neighbors in need with diabetes are facing just that challenge. To help serve this need in our community we are seeking donations of diabetic friendly food items to distribute through our We Help Services Food Pantry.
Healthy Food Item Suggestions
- no sugar-added oatmeal
- low-fat, no sugar-added, whole grain cereals
- low-fat, low-sugar, peanut butter
- low-sugar or no sugar-added preserves, jam or jelly
- low-fat, low sugar, salad dressings
- white tuna in spring water
- low-sodium red or black beans
- dried beans
- brown rice
- extra-light olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Donations of all non-perishable food & personal hygiene items are accepted and appreciated.
Donations are accepted at the back loading dock of our main building Monday – Friday, 8am to 3:30pm. If you have donations in a large volume please call prior to drop off so we can make sure there is ample support to unload your donation.
Here are a few other great ways to support St. Petersburg Free Clinic: