St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Beacon House Kitchen Manager
The kitchen manager is responsible for preparing a hot healthy meal for the residents and diners that come to the community kitchen. At Beacon House. The kitchen manager is also responsible for keeping a standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, food storage, and food preparation areas.
Part Time positions, flexible hours Monday through Friday
- A candidate must be experienced with cooking meals for large groups. Must have good organizational skills, the ability to be creative with the food supplies made available, and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; professional oral and written communication and listening skills in dealing with residents, guests, and co-workers.
- Ability to work with and communicate with diverse populations while maintaining privacy and confidentiality for all.
- Ability to be flexible and work as a team player
- Must be honest, dependable, and responsible.
- Must be clean in appearance, hygiene, as well as free of drugs and alcohol.
- Must believe in the integrity of every individual and be able to treat everyone with respect.
- Prepare and store food in acceptable safe food handling manner
- Report food needed to prepare meals to Director as soon as possible
As listed in the employee handbook, each position also requires the following of all employees:
- Arrive on time when scheduled
- Complete assignments in a timely and effective manner
- Be conscientious in performance duties
- Represent the Free Clinic in a professional manner
- Be courteous, helpful, and cooperative when dealing with residents, volunteers and other employees.
- Be accurate and honest in all interactions, activities, and reports.
- Be professional and competent in carrying out of all responsibilities.
- Work to the best of your ability on behalf of those who are counting on you.
- Help to fulfill the Free Clinic’s mission of helping those in need.
To apply, please send your resume to Milly.Taylor@stpetersburgfreeclinic.org.