St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Reports to Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
Working in a collaborative manner with the Intake Supervisor, ensures the Intake Section functions in an appropriate manner to facilitate patient and Health Center administration. Serve as primary backup for the Intake Supervisor in his/her absence, fulfilling all roles and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work independently and effectively with volunteers, staff and patients; energetic and able to multi-task; understands the complexities of medically underserved patients; willing to be flexible and work as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on completion of paperwork, verifying patients’ insurance if applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside records
- Collects patient donations; documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles payments taken with reports
- Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports, identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate personnel and other office close procedures
- Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and messages as required
- Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to service
- Communicates with Clinical Support Staff to ensure efficient patient flow through the office and proper documentation of visits
- Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer service for all callers
- Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines. Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols. Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable
- Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic medical records
- Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate sections of the electronic medical record
- Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
- Assists physician(s) with daily needs
- Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when needed
- Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to manager, and performs other general office duties as needed
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may uses resources available through other departments such as Legal, HR, and Compliance
- Functions as the primary trainer for Receptionists
- Maintains office policy and procedure reference guides and ensures all administrative procedures are followed with regard to scheduling, reception, and other job-specific tasks
- Serves as a first point of contact for patient concerns, questions and customer service inquires.
- Coordinates patient flow through the front office; communicates with clinical staff and physicians to optimize patient throughput
- Works with supervisor to develop and incorporate practice goals into the office.
- Coordinates call outs and vacation coverage of volunteer staff
- Assist the Intake Supervisor in fulfilling medical information requests in accordance with all HIPPA guidelines. Serve as the responsible person in absence of the Intake Supervisor.
- Assist the Intake Supervisor in the supervision of the non-clinical staff.
- Primary responsibility for the maintenance and “build out” of the monthly clinic provider schedule in collaboration with the Nurse Manager. This includes a daily review of the calendar to ensure accuracy and notifying the Intake Supervisor f any changes immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.