St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Dental Assistants, PRN
Experienced Dental Assistants are needed PRN to assist St. Petersburg Free Clinic Health Center Dental Program’s week night, week day and Saturday clinics held in central and south St. Petersburg. Assistants are responsible for coordinating both front and back office duties including: greeting patients, providing information regarding dental services and how to qualify for them, collecting donations, confirming dental appointments, preparing treatment room and patient for treatment, collecting surveys and data needed for reports, and other duties as needed. The Dental Assistant’s role includes having knowledge of complete tray set-up; certification to take dental radiographs, having supplies readily available for the dentist or hygienist; being pro-active in meeting the needs of dentists, hygienists, patients, staff and volunteers. Dental Assistants report directly to the Dental Program Coordinator.
Skills/Qualifications: Minimum education level: High School Diploma or equivalent; completion of dental assistant program a plus. Prefer 2 years’ experience including familiarity with oral health education, infection control, requirements for creating a safe and effective environment, familiarity with dental technology including supporting software (Eagle Soft, Dentrix, etc.). Experience with dentures is a plus. Must be reliable, adaptable to changing needs, a good team partner, have attention to detail, possess good listening, computer & communications skills, and be able to multi-task. Able to lift up to 25 lbs. & possess reliable transportation for travel to offsite, local dental clinics. Able to multi-task & work independently.
- Obtains and appropriately files/shares completed patient paperwork and information.
- Provides information on dental services to patients and employees, educates patients, answers questions and responds to requests.
- Prepares treatment room by following specific procedures and protocols.
- Does set-up, sterilization and delivery of appropriate instruments to treatment area; positions instruments for easy access by dentists and hygienists.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory, anticipating needed supplies, placing supply orders for timely delivery, verifies receipt of same.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating and draping patient.
- Documents dental information in patient records, surveys and reports as needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA.
- Responsible for a safe and clean working environment.
- Complies with applicable procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves dental resources as needed to accomplish clinic results.
- Contributes to a team environment of meeting program goals.
- Other duties as needed.
Schedule Varies depending on Assistant’s Availability: Available hours depend on clinic schedule and currently include Wednesdays 4-8 PM, Fridays 7AM-3PM, occasional Saturdays 7AM – 4PM at various locations in St. Petersburg. Email resume and availability to email@example.com