Individuals & groups (scroll down for more info on group opportunities) are welcome at St. Petersburg Free Clinic as we have many opportunities available!
ELIGIBLE VOLUNTEERS MUST BE:
- At least 18 years old
- Be willing to commit to 3-6 months of volunteer service.
- Must be currently certified or licensed – This is for the Health Center & Dental Clinic applicants who want to use their clinical license to volunteer in their field. ie; Physicians, Nurses, LPN’s, Dentists, etc.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT VOLUNTEERS WHO:
- Are looking to fulfill Community Service Hours that are court mandated.
- Short-term volunteers that are needing to complete a specific # of hours in a short amount of time – under three months.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available and are specifically looking for volunteers to assist in the areas of:
- Health Center Administration & Patient Care: Intake, Medical Records, Patient Scheduling, and Admin Projects. Patient Care: Physicians, RN, ARNP, and Health Education.
- Dental Clinic: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants
- Residencies: Mentors, activities, and admin projects.
- Admin, Community Champions & Special Events
- We Help Services: Pantry Guide, Client Interviewer, Front Desk Assistant, Pantry Stocker, Produce Assistant, Hygiene Assistant, Loading Assistant, and Food Bank opportunities.
How to Become A Volunteer:
Step 1: Meet all the above requirements.
Step 2: Attend a New Volunteer Orientation. See below for dates.
Step 3: Designate an area of interest & start volunteering!
Orientation is an opportunity for you to learn more about the St. Petersburg Free Clinic and discuss volunteer opportunities, fill out an application and attend a tour of our facilities.
Orientation is held at our downtown location (863 3rd Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701) in the upstairs conference room.
Please fill out the form below to sign up for an upcoming Orientation:
The St. Petersburg Free Clinic offers many different Group Volunteer opportunities. These 1x or ongoing opportunities are perfect for corporate volunteer days, churches, service organizations, schools, or civic groups, that are wanting to give back.
Projects that groups can assist with are sorting food, packing Pack-A-Sack or Hearty Homes food bags, processing food donations, volunteering at events or assisting with special projects; landscape improvements, painting, etc.
Group Volunteer Opportunities are available throughout the weekday; Monday – Friday, anytime between 9 AM – 4 PM, or on Saturday mornings, 9 AM-Noon.
Interested in signing up? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at volunteers@