How to Become a Food Partner
In 2021, our Jared S. Hechtkopf Community Food Bank distributed over 20 million pounds of food throughout Pinellas County through over 65 partner agencies. We distribute to local food partners such as food pantries, shelters, community kitchens, faith institutions, residential programs, schools, and childcare centers.
How our food distribution works.
- Partner agencies are assigned a day during the week to pick up food 9am - 10am from our Food Bank located at 3115 44th Ave N, St. Pete FL 33714.
- We distribute by the pallet. We can load the pallet into your truck or van. If you have a smaller vehicle, we will place the pallet by your vehicle and you can load the food into your vehicle.
- The type, amount, and assortment of food we have available to distribute varies daily.
Food Partner eligibility requirements include the following:
- Most of the food we distribute is perishable fresh, frozen, and prepared foods. You must be able to accept and distribute 500 pounds of produce each week.
- All partner agencies must be registered 501© organizations located in Pinellas County.
Priority will be given to the following:
- We are ONLY accepting applications for food partners located north of 38th Avenue North St. Petersburg due to high participation of food partners in South St. Petersburg,
- Organizations located in food deserts, where there are no other resources available.
- Pantries that offer evening or weekend hours.
- Pantries that have adopted a client choice model, where clients are allowed to select the food they receive.
- Organizations that do not receive any fees for their services.
- Organizations that serve over 100 households per week.
If your organization is interested in becoming a partner agency and meets the above eligibility requirements, please complete a Partner Agency Application.