Reemployment Assistance Benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation, can be filed online using CONNECT. If you have never filed in Florida before, use the “File a New Claim” link to start your application and create a profile. If you have filed previously, please log in using your Social Security Number and PIN. If you no longer have your PIN, select the “Forgot PIN” button to regain access to your account.
Before filing, make sure you have the following information available:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License of State ID number
- Your employment for the last 18 months including for each employer:
- Name, address, and phone number
- First and last day of work
- Gross earnings (before taxes are taken out) during the listed dates
- The reason for separation
- FEIN (this is found on any W2 or 1099 tax forms you have received)
- If you don’t have the FEIN, you can use the employer details off of a recent pay stub.
For more information, or to apply, please visit: https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX
DEO is also accepting paper applications that are available here: (English | Spanish | Creole) DEO now has a phone number to reach them for any claim questions: 1-833-353-6799.
Paper applications are also available at the locations below. For the purpose of social distancing, the papers are stocked in red boxes near the entrance of each location:
- Pinellas Public Library Cooperative building
- 1330 Cleveland St., Clearwater, FL
- Barbara S. Ponce Public Library
- 7770 52nd St. N., Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- St. Petersburg College Seminole Campus Library
- 9200 113th St. N., Seminole, FL 33772
- St. Pete Beach Public Library
- 365 73rd Ave., St. Pete Beach, FL 33706