If you are in need of pet food, please visit these sites:
- Pinellas County Animal Services
Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
12450 Ulmerton Rd.
Largo, FL 33774
Phone: (727) 582-2600
Details: An employee will meet you at the entrance or you may call from the parking lot and an employee will come out to assist. Each citizen is limited to two bags or six cans of food per visit.
- Humane Society of Pinellas
Mondays and Tuesdays, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
3040 State Road 590
Clearwater, FL 33759
Phone: (727) 797-7722
Details: To pick up food, knock on the door at the Humane Society’s Volunteer Village, located at their facility, and a representative will assist you and bring the food out to you.
- SPCA of Tampa Bay
Tuesdays from 1-5 p.m.
9099 130th Avenue North
Largo, FL 33773
Phone: (727) 586-3591, ext. 121
Details: Call ahead to ensure the food pantry has adequate food stocks to meet your needs. If you are planning to pick up canned food, bring plastic grocery bags to transport the food home. When you arrive for your appointment, be sure to have a valid photo ID.
- Grassroots Kava House and Pup Active Pet Food Pantry
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
957 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Phone: (727) 220-3041
Details: If you’re unable to leave your home due to quarantine or being immuno-compromised, you can send Grassroots Kava House a message via their Facebook page to discuss possible delivery within St. Petersburg city limits.
- We Help provides dog/cat food upon request.
- Animeals – Meals On Wheels St. Petersburg and Friends of Strays Deliver Pet Food to Homebound and Seniors
- Those who receive Meals On Wheels St. Petersburg and have companion animals can qualify to receive pet food through the Animeals program.
- Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger (TBNEH), a tri-county leader in hunger relief, research and program development, announces new partnership with Friends of Strays to provide pet food for Meals On Wheels St. Petersburg recipients through the “Animeals” program. This new pet food assistance program will provide monthly food deliveries to recipients who need help to feed their cats and dogs.