WIC stands for the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is administered in Florida by the Department of Health. Services provided by the program include the following:
- Healthy Foods
- Nutrition Education and Counseling
- Breastfeeding Support
- Referrals for Health Care
To apply for WIC, please call (727) 824-6914
Who is Eligible?
- You must be a pregnant woman, or a woman who has recently been pregnant, a breastfeeding mother, an infant, or a child under five years of age.
- You must meet certain income guidelines.
- You must live in Florida.
- You must have a nutrition-related need, which will be determined by WIC staff.
You could be eligible if you or other family members are currently receiving Medicaid, WAGES, or Food Stamps. However, you do NOT have to be on a public assistance program to qualify for WIC.
Before eligibility is completed, WIC staff will verify your gross household income. You need to bring proof of household income so that the staff can determine your eligibility.
For more information, please visit: http://pinellas.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/clinical-and-nutrition-services/wic/index.html