St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Client Advocate/Resource Specialist
We Help Services
35-40 Hours per Week
Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5pm
Ability to Work One Evening (7pm) per Week
Note: A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position, as well as your salary requirements.
Job Summary: We Help Services provides direct services to clients, including a food pantry, limited financial assistance, and referral information. This position will report to the Program Director and will assist with all aspects of We Help, including client interviews, working at front desk and in the food pantry. Duties also include supervision and training of volunteers. Client Advocate/Resource Specialist will serve as a resource for staff, volunteers, and clients, and must be knowledgeable of services and resources available to clients. He/she will meet with clients to assess temporary needs and provides services in a timely manner.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Social services/human services experience, supervisory experience and background with general office administration are greatly desired. Candidate must be knowledgeable about public assistance, social services, and other local resources available to clients in Pinellas County. Must be organized, friendly, diplomatic, and team player who can take initiative and work independently with little supervision. Must possess and display excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work effectively in a stressful and fast-paced environment is essential. Must have reliable transportation to attend local networking and service provider meetings. Position requires some lifting and bending. Computer skills required. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Assist in providing client services at front desk and perform client interviews; assess client needs and provide appropriate assistance.
- Assist with scheduling client appointments for water assistance.
- Sort, stock and pack food in the food pantry as needed. Physical aspects include bending, lifting, stocking, cleaning, and moving large boxes, occasionally in a warehouse environment.
- Occasional cleaning of pantry and lobby.
- Attend networking and service provider meetings to remain informed of all relevant resources and programs.
- Be knowledgeable of local resources and services available to clients, including processes and requirements for obtaining assistance.
- Educate other staff and volunteers about relevant services available to our clients. Prepare training materials, resource lists, and conduct volunteer trainings, when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other services providers. Work with other agencies to best serve client needs.
- Be knowledgeable of local housing resources and services; serve as a resource to clients in housing search.
- Be knowledgeable of SNAP benefits and application process; assist clients with applications and benefits questions. Establish and maintain relationship with DCF liaison.
- Learn requirements for obtaining Florida ID and birth certificates from all states; assist clients and process requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with scheduling and supervision of We Help volunteers and volunteer group activities, as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and training programs.
- Assist clients with using computer to apply for benefits and services or job search.
- Input client data and maintain client records in program database.
- Keep We Help Services’ workspace functional, presentable, and clean.
- Participate in other duties as agreed upon with Program Director.
E-Mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Petersburg Free Clinic does not discriminate against an qualified applicant for employment because of race, known disabilities, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or non-job related factors in hiring.