St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Clinic Nurse, RN Health Center
Provides and coordinates direct nursing services and procedures to patients. Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient quality of life through competent medical intervention. Ensures all documentation is in compliance with professional and legal standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
RN with active license who is experienced in the care of adult patients: able to work independently and effectively with volunteers, staff and patients: energetic and able to multi-task: understands the complexities of medically underserved patients: willing to be flexible and work as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist to determine processes that expand upon current practices and implement new strategies to advance clinical outcomes.
- Identify areas in workflow processes that inhibit strong customer service practices in all areas within the clinic utilizing problem-solving techniques.
- Triage walk-ins, answer emails, and phone inquiries for needed medical services. Configure methods to expedite responses to client issues including medication refills.
- Create a positive, caring and supportive environment for staff, volunteers and patients.
- Apply principles of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Distribute medications that arrive through Drug Assistance Program. Review Electronic Health Records to ensure no changes have been made to current orders. Discuss medications with the patient to further foster compliance.
- Coordinate nursing functions/ assist in daily tasks related to patient care (intake-testing-discharge).
- Continually monitor function of clinic and educate staff/volunteers to frequent changes needed to address the needs of our clients.
- Organize and maintain clinical care area in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Assist with integration of proposed interventions to meet current evidenced best practices. Coordinate a multitude of tasks as required.
- Insure that exam rooms and nurses’ stations are stocked, orderly and sanitized after each clinic. Assist with ordering supplies.
- Monitor laboratory data. Input records to EMR to track and generate reports.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with established protocols.
- Promotes and practices St. Petersburg Free Clinics mission, values, and follows its policies and procedures.