St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
25+ Hours Per Week
Monday – Friday, 6:00am – TBD
Eligible for Benefits after 60 days.
Job Summary: Warehouse Assistant is responsible for assisting with warehouse operations, receiving and unloading deliveries, and the sorting, storage, packing, and distribution of food. Also responsible for general facilities maintenance and cleaning.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have valid, clean Florida driver’s license.
- Must pass a drug test and criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 60 pounds or more, and have ability and stamina to repeatedly lift 25 to 30 pounds on daily basis.
- Ability to operate electric and manual pallet jacks, and a counter balance forklift.
- Proficient driving a small box truck and cargo
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow directions as needed.
- Must have good communication skills and basic math skills.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, and equipment used in warehouse operation.
- Ability to interact with staff, donors, and volunteers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Tobacco free workplace.
- Subject to random drug testing.
- Responsible for receiving and unloading daily deliveries and donations.
- Pick up and deliver products to the Food Bank or to other designated agencies, vendors, or donors in a safe and productive manner.
- Accurately follow all receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Unload, sort, store, pack and distribute food.
- Maintain paperwork, logs, and receipts in an accurate manner.
- Ensure all food and non-food items are handled, stored and distributed in a safe and sanitary manner. Follow and maintain all health and sanitation codes.
- Perform routine care and maintenance of buildings and grounds. Assist with trash pickup and removal.
- Keep grounds functional, presentable, and clean.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and safety.
- Assist in daily set up of warehouse.
- Supports volunteer activities as necessary and assigned.
- Assist with food drives or special events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
E-Mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outpatient Clinic Nurse Coordinator
Full-time position with benefits. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, or as arranged.
The Outpatient Clinic Nurse Coordinator will work with staff and volunteer teams to provide seamless patient care and coordination. Keep the clinic current with resources, supplies, policies & procedures. Coordinate scheduling and training of clinic staff and volunteers. Reports to the Health Center Director.
Skills and Qualifications: Current Florida-licensed LPN or RN, and Florida Driver’s License. Ability to work independently and effectively as a team-member with staff, volunteers and patients. Experience caring for adult patients in a medical setting. Computer literate including electronic medical records and MS Office. Able to multi-task and make adjustments quickly to meet clinic needs. Understands and supports the complexities of patients who are medically underserved. Must be reliable, patient and flexible.
- Liaison to staff and volunteer practitioners and nurses. Keeps contact and availability lists current.
- Processes volunteer applications and identifies appropriate placements
- Coordinates new staff/volunteer training and periodic trainings as required
- Assigns practitioner exam rooms and ensures they are outfitted appropriately
- Keeps staff and volunteers updated on policies and clinic needs
- Review daily practitioner and patient rosters to prepare exam rooms and supplies as needed
- Triage walk-in clients
- Conduct patient assessments and assist practitioners as needed
- Insure exam rooms and nursing stations are kept clean, orderly and well-stocked
- Keep OTC medicines and supplies stocked; obtain pre-approvals as appropriate
- Periodically review charts to insure clinical staff and volunteers are documenting appropriately. Follow-up with those that need assistance.
- Provide medical navigation to patients with various medical and economic needs
- Responds promptly to calls and emails
- Keep current on disposal of biohazardous waste and liaison with disposal company
- Provide monthly, or as needed, reports on clinic activity
- Review and update Clinic Policy & Procedure Manual annually or as needed
- Keep resources and educational handouts for patients current
- Attend meetings and communicate with staffs, volunteers and patients as needed
- Strives to maximize holistic patient care in a supportive and nurturing environment
- Document patient success stories, challenges, and interesting cases that will be helpful to enhancing Health Center Programs.
- Identify and attend community events that target the population that could benefit from SPFC services and health education programs; assists in patient screening activities
- Upholds organizational mission
- Other duties as needed.
Send resume to Susan.Easter@StPetersburgFreeClinic.org. No phone calls please.