St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Diabetic Health Educator/Health Kitchen Coordinator
Part-Time Flexible (25-30 per week)
The Diabetic Health Educator is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the Diabetes Program and its objectives including Health Education. Perform professional nursing, consultation and educational services for persons with diabetes, and provide community health education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide education related to diabetes and the disease process; medication, diet and nutritional monitoring; foot care, prevention and care of complications; blood glucose monitoring and the techniques of self-monitoring and injection.
- Provide ongoing assessment and recommendations to the treatment team and patient/family for adjustments in the plan of care as required
- Document assessments, interventions and plans including recommendations and goals, progress notes and discharge summaries
- Provide diabetes and self-management counseling and education to diabetic patients
- Plan, develop and implement individual and group diabetic education classes
- Collaborate and coordinate with other service providers to plan and coordinate educational activities
- Assure compliance with all applicable governmental regulations associated with operating the Health Education kitchen facilities.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other department, services and community healthcare agencies to facilitate and support quality diabetes care
- Evaluate the diabetes and health education program on a continuing basis; assesses teaching methods and education material for patients
- Perform assessments and data collections, establish outcome criteria; obtains, reviews, and analyzes information
- Attend outreach activities such as health fairs for diabetic screenings and education
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures diabetic and health education guidelines
- Periodically review the health status and needs of SPFC by involving patients and families through surveys to identify health problems and develop sound educational approaches and materials to address these problems
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly written and oral reports of service activities and other reports requested
- Prepare and submit written monthly reports within specified time periods
- Keep abreast of current practices and concepts in health education through current literature, seminars, and direct contact with health professionals
- Perform all duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years of experience as Diabetic Health Educator or Patient Care Educator
- Electronic Medical Records experience ( eClinical Works preferred)
- Florida Licensed Registered Nurse; Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Certified Diabetes Educator or willing to achieve with 6 month of employment
- Able to work independently and effectively with volunteers, staff and patients
- Willing to work with medically underserved patient population
Please send resumes to Shevette Batts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Residential Cook
Virginia and David Baldwin Women’s Residence
We pride ourselves on the healthy and diverse culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and creative Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing good old American style recipes, enjoys working in a busy environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively.
If you have residential experience and a passion for cooking and strong people skills, please submit an application to us today online.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Collaborate with the House Manager to prepare meals during our dining hours
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Keep the House Manager appraised of any needed food items.
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years’ experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- ServeSafe Certification preferred
Please email resume to email@example.com.