St. Petersburg Free Clinic is dedicated to treating our neighbors in need with dignity and respect. We are always looking for talented people to join our team who carry these same beliefs.
Working at the Free Clinic gives you an opportunity to help change the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic is a drug free workplace & an equal opportunity employer.
View current job openings below:
Warehouse Assistant/Driver Part Time
25-30 Hours Per Week
Monday – Friday, 7:00am-1:00pm
Job Summary: Warehouse Assistant is responsible for assisting with warehouse operations, receiving and unloading deliveries, and the sorting, storage, packing, and distribution of food. Also responsible for general facilities maintenance and cleaning. Position reports to Warehouse and Food Bank Supervisors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess high school diploma or GED.
- Have valid, clean Florida driver’s license.
- Must pass a drug test and criminal background check.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow directions as needed.
- Must have good communication skills and basic math skills.
- Ability to lift at least 60 pounds or more, and have ability and stamina to repeatedly lift 25 to 30 pounds on daily basis.
- Ability to operate electric and manual pallet jacks, and a counter balance forklift.
- Proficient driving a small box truck and cargo van.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, and equipment used in warehouse operation.
- Ability to interact with staff, donors, and volunteers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Tobacco free workplace.
- Subject to random drug testing.
- Responsible for receiving and unloading daily deliveries and donations.
- Pick up and deliver products to the Food Bank or to other designated agencies, vendors, or donors in a safe and productive manner.
- Accurately follow all receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Unload, sort, store, pack and distribute food.
- Maintain paperwork, logs, and receipts in an accurate manner.
- Ensure all food and non-food items are handled, stored and distributed in a safe and sanitary manner. Follow and maintain all health and sanitation codes.
- Perform routine care and maintenance of buildings and grounds. Assist with trash pickup and removal.
- Keep grounds functional, presentable, and clean.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and safety.
- Assist in daily set up of warehouse.
- Support efforts to maintain a clean, safe, and orderly warehouse.
- Supports volunteer activities as necessary and assigned.
- Assist with food drives or special events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
E-Mail resume to email@example.com.