We often say, “There is a place for everyone at the Free Clinic, those in need of care and those who care.”
There are many volunteer opportunities at the Free Clinic. You can make a difference to others in the community by volunteering. We welcome individuals or groups who wish to volunteer on a regular basis as well as businesses, organizations, school, or church groups that may want to volunteer for a one-time special project. Projects for groups have included sorting food, organizing donated goods, cooking, landscape improvements, painting, packing holiday bags, and working at events.
For individuals looking to volunteer, please read the “How to Become A Volunteer” steps below, 3 easy steps to join our volunteer family!
For current group opportunities, please email inquiries to Kaitlynne Silvers, Coordinator of Volunteers, at email@example.com.
How to Become A Volunteer:
Step 1: Ensure that you meet our age and eligibility requirements. Check out the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist and the Volunteer Handbook and Policy Manual to ensure you meet and agree with all requirements. *Generally, individuals must be able to volunteer on a weekly basis for a 3-6 month minimum commitment (depending on the program) AND be at least 16 years of age (minimum age of 18 for Health Center volunteers). Note that most volunteer opportunities occur during business hours (M-F 8:30AM-5PM). *With some exceptions, SPFC does not offer evening or weekend opportunities or community service hours.*
Step 2: Meet the age and eligibility requirements? New Volunteers MUST attend a New Volunteer Orientation. New Volunteer Orientation is held on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 10AM-11AM at St. Petersburg Free Clinic (863 3rd Avenue North). Orientation is an opportunity for you to learn more about the Free Clinic and discuss open volunteer positions, shifts, and days with our staff. Please RSVP with Kaitlynne Silvers, Coordinator of Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 727-821-1200 x114.
Current Individual Volunteer Openings (updated weekly):
- We Help Pantry Packer: Mondays 12-4PM
- We Help Pantry Packer: Tuesdays 8AM-12PM
- We Help Front Desk: Wednesdays 8AM-12PM
- We Help Pantry Packer: Tuesdays 12-4PM
- Health Center Intake Assistant: Tuesdays 8:30AM-12PM
- Health Center Intake Assistant: Tuesdays 12:30-4:30PM
- Health Center Intake Assistant: Saturdays 12:30-5:00PM
- Health Center Scheduling Assistant: Flexible Scheduling Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30AM-5PM
- Health Center Administrative: Flexible Scheduling Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30AM-5PM
- Health Center RN/ARNP: Flexible Scheduling Monday-Friday between the hours of 9AM-5PM, must have active licensure in the state of Florida
- Health Center Medical Records Clerk: Flexible Scheduling Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30AM-5PM
- Community Champions: Flexible Scheduling/As Needed
- Photographer: Flexible Scheduling/As Needed, must have own photography camera and photography experience
Step 3: Welcome to the SPFC family of volunteers!
Have a question that was NOT answered by this page, the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist, or the Volunteer Handbook and Policy Manual? Contact Kaitlynne Silvers, Coordinator of Volunteers and Special Events, at email@example.com.