We often say, “There is a place for everyone at the Free Clinic, those in need of care and those who care.”
There are many volunteer opportunities at the Free Clinic. You can make a difference to others in the community by volunteering. We welcome individuals or groups who wish to volunteer on a regular basis as well as businesses, organizations, school, or church groups that may want to volunteer for a one-time special project. Projects for groups have included sorting food, organizing donated goods, cooking, landscape improvements, painting, packing holiday bags, and working at events.
For individuals looking to volunteer, please read the “How to Become A Volunteer” steps below, 3 easy steps to join our volunteer family!
For current group opportunities, please email inquiries to Rita Zwiefel, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Become A Volunteer:
Step 1: Ensure that you meet our age and eligibility requirements. Check out the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist and the Volunteer Handbook and Policy Manual to ensure you meet and agree with all requirements. *Generally, individuals must be able to volunteer on a weekly basis for a 3-6 month minimum commitment (depending on the program) AND be at least 16 years of age (minimum age of 18 for Health Center volunteers). Note that most volunteer opportunities occur during business hours (M-F 8:30AM-5PM). *With some exceptions, SPFC does not offer evening or weekend opportunities or community service hours.*
Step 2: Meet the age and eligibility requirements? New Volunteers MUST attend a New Volunteer Orientation. New Volunteer Orientation is held on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 10AM-11AM at St. Petersburg Free Clinic (863 3rd Avenue North). Orientation is an opportunity for you to learn more about the Free Clinic and discuss open volunteer positions, shifts, and days with our staff. Please RSVP with Rita Zwiefel, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or 727.821.1200 ext. 114.
The next few orientation dates are November 21st and December 5th, at 10-11am!
How to Become A Volunteer:
Current Individual Volunteer Openings (updated weekly):
- Health Center Administration (Intake, Medical Records, Patient Scheduling, Admin Projects): Mondays 8:30AM-12:30PM
- Health Center Patient Care (Physicians, RN, ARNP): Varying shifts Monday/Wednesday 8:30AM-3:30PM, Tuesday/Thursday 8:30AM-7PM, and Friday 8:30-11:30AM
- Health Center Health Education: Mondays 4:45-7PM
- Dental Clinic (Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants): Fridays 8AM-2PM
- Dental Clinic (Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants): Saturdays 8AM-2PM
- Family Residence (Saturday morning activities, admin projects): Flexible Scheduling/As Needed
- Community Champions/Special Events: Flexible Scheduling/As Needed
- We Help Services Pantry Guide: Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm; Friday 11am-2pm
- We Help Services Client Interviewer: Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm
- We Help Services Front Desk Assistant: Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm
- We Help Services Pantry Stocker: Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm; Friday 11am-2pm
- We Help Services Produce Assistant: Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 8am-12pm; Thursday 12pm-4pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm
- We Help Services Hygiene Assistant: Monday 8am-12pm; Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm
- We Help Services Loading Assistant: Monday 3pm-5pm; Tuesday 12pm-4pm; Wednesday 8am-12pm; Thursday 12pm-4pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm
Additionally, we are adding a few shifts in We Help Services that need many volunteers: Monday 3pm-5pm; Thursday 4pm-8pm; and Friday 11am-2pm. Please let Rita Zwiefel, the Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator, know if you are interested in one of those!
Shifts in red note a particularly large need.
Step 3: Welcome to the SPFC family of volunteers!
Have a question that was NOT answered by this page, the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist, or the Volunteer Handbook and Policy Manual? Contact Rita Zwiefel, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727.821.1200 ext. 114.