We often say, “There is a place for everyone at the Free Clinic, those in need of care and those who care.”
There are many volunteer opportunities at the Free Clinic. You can make a difference to others in the community by volunteering. We welcome individuals or groups who wish to volunteer on a regular basis as well as businesses, organizations, school, or church groups that may want to volunteer for a one-time special project. Projects for groups have included sorting food, organizing donated goods, cooking, landscape improvements, painting, packing holiday bags, and working at events.
For individuals looking to volunteer, please read the “How to Become A Volunteer” steps below, 3 easy steps to join our volunteer family!
For current group opportunities, please email inquiries to Kaitlynne Silvers, Coordinator of Volunteers, at email@example.com.
How to Become A Volunteer:
Step 1: Ensure that you meet our age and eligibility requirements. Check out the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist and the Volunteer Handbook and Policy Manual to ensure you meet and agree with all requirements. *Generally, individuals must be able to volunteer on a weekly basis for a 3-6 month minimum commitment (depending on the program) AND be at least 16 years of age (minimum age of 18 for Health Center volunteers). Note that most volunteer opportunities occur during business hours (M-F 8:30AM-5PM). *With some exceptions, SPFC does not offer evening or weekend opportunities or community service hours.*
Step 2: Meet the age and eligibility requirements? New Volunteers MUST attend a New Volunteer Orientation. New Volunteer Orientation is held on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 10AM-11AM at St. Petersburg Free Clinic (863 3rd Avenue North). Orientation is an opportunity for you to learn more about the Free Clinic and discuss open volunteer positions, shifts, and days with our staff. Please RSVP with Kaitlynne Silvers, Coordinator of Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 727-821-1200 x114.
Current Individual Volunteer Openings (updated weekly):
- We Help Services Pantry Guide: Mondays 8AM-12PM, Mondays 12-4PM, Tuesdays 8AM-12PM, Tuesdays 12-4PM, Thursdays 8AM-12PM, Fridays 8AM-12PM
- We Help Services Client Interviewer: Mondays 8AM-12PM, Wednesdays 8AM-12PM, Thursdays 12-4PM
- We Help Services Pantry Stocker: Mondays 12-4PM, Tuesdays 8AM-12PM, Wednesdays 8AM-12PM, Thursdays 8AM-12PM, Fridays 8AM-12PM
- Health Center Administration (Intake, Medical Records, Patient Scheduling, Admin Projects, Medical Scribe): Varying shifts Monday/Wednesday 8:30AM-3:30PM, Tuesday/Thursday 8:30AM-7PM, and Friday 8:30-11:30AM
- Health Center Patient Care (Physicians, RN, ARNP): Varying shifts Monday/Wednesday 8:30AM-3:30PM, Tuesday/Thursday 8:30AM-7PM, and Friday 8:30-11:30AM
- Health Center Health Education: Mondays 4:45-7PM
- Dental Clinic (Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants): Fridays 8AM-2PM
- Dental Clinic (Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants): Saturdays 8AM-2PM
- Community Champions/Special Events: Flexible Scheduling/As Needed
- **Notes a particularly large need.
Step 3: Welcome to the SPFC family of volunteers!
Have a question that was NOT answered by this page, the New Volunteer Onboarding Checklist, or the Volunteer Handbook and Policy Manual? Contact Kaitlynne Silvers, Coordinator of Volunteers and Special Events, at email@example.com.