Individual & group volunteers (scroll down for more info on group opportunities) are welcome and always needed at St. Petersburg Free Clinic. Our volunteers contributed over 33,000 hours in 2018, the equivalent of about 17 full-time employees! We are grateful to those in our community who contribute their time and talents to support St. Petersburg Free Clinic’s mission.
St. Petersburg Free Clinic offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Some require a minimum commitment of time – for example, we ask that those who volunteer in our Food Pantry commit to 4 hours once per week for about three months. Some require licensing (Health Center and Dental Clinic providers). Whatever your availability and interests, we can likely find a great match for you. And, you will be making an immediate impact in YOUR community – helping our neighbors in need.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available and are specifically looking for volunteers to assist in the areas of:
- We Help Services (primarily Food Pantry): Pantry Guide, Client Interviewer, Front Desk Assistant, Pantry Stocker, Produce Assistant, Hygiene Assistant, Loading Assistant, and Food Bank opportunities.
- Health Center Administration & Patient Care: Intake, Medical Records, Patient Scheduling, and Admin Projects. Patient Care: Physicians, RN, ARNP, and Health Education.
- Dental Clinic: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants
- Administration and fundraising support, Community Champions (those who support our outreach efforts in our community) and Special Events.
- Residencies: Mentors, activities, and administrative projects
How to Become A Volunteer:
The first step is to attend a New Volunteer Info Session. Here, you’ll learn about St. Petersburg Free Clinic’s programs and the many ways volunteers support our important work in the community.
Upcoming Info Sessions:
Volunteer Info Sessions are held at our downtown location (863 3rd Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701) in the upstairs conference room.
Please fill out the form below to sign up for an upcoming Info Session:
The St. Petersburg Free Clinic offers many different Group Volunteer opportunities. These one-time or ongoing opportunities are perfect for corporate volunteer days, churches, service organizations, schools, or civic groups, that are wanting to give back.
Examples of projects that groups can assist with include: sorting food donations at our Food Bank; packing Pack-A-Sack or Hearty Homes food bags; volunteering at events or assisting with special projects; physical improvements such as landscaping and painting; and MORE!
Group Volunteer Opportunities are available throughout the weekday; Monday – Friday, anytime between 9 AM – 4 PM, or on Saturday mornings, 9 AM-Noon.
Interested in signing up? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at volunteers@